Thursday, December 18, 2008

Late Night

Well as I approached the desk on my first day I met Chris Formidoni, the internship coordinator. Loved him immediately. How do you not love someone who high fives at the end of your first day and asks, did you have fun? He took me into the conference room where I met the other dozen Late Night interns. All day everyone was extremely helpful and friendly. They showed me around, answered my questions and we all generally have a good time. I have to say I feel like I fit in right away, and one other intern agreed. She told me that it felt like I had been there forever.

My duties of the day included stuffing Christmas cards for Jeff Ross (the Executive Producer) and Conan. So some were sent to Jon Stewart, Jay Leno, David Letterman, Rick Moranis and the Bon Jovi Family, just to name a few. I'm name dropping, I'll stop. No I won't. Other than that I ran errands through the building with other interns, in order to get a better feel for where everything is. Oh yea, and...

I sat in the audience during the rehearsal!! It was pretty awesome. I sat with a bunch of the guys and we joked around and I got to know more of them as we waited for Conan to get in. He walked in through the side door and I had to calm myself. It was unreal. He sat at his desk, which is much much smaller than I anticipated, and started rattling off jokes for our approval. I loved it. When we watched the final taping it was really interesting to see which jokes he stuck with and which ones he dropped. It felt kinda cool to see that where I laughed made a difference in the show.

I had a pretty amazing first day. The people are awesome, the environment is really laid back and I have high hopes for what I'll end up doing there. After work an Elon buddy of mine and I went for drinks at this Irish pub near Times Square. I think I'm a little obsessed with the place. The bartenders were all Irish and I talked with one of them and turns out he's from about ten minutes from where I lived in Dublin. He even knew The Cobblestone, my favorite pub in Dublin. After talking to him he gave me and my friend free shots, which was a very nice welcome to the city.

I'm seriously falling for NYC. This weekend will only make it worse. Leigh comes to town and I want to go Christmas touring. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment