Saturday, January 31, 2009

The Ladies of "Late Night" Hit the Big City

So my time at "Late Night" is over. I said goodbye to most everyone and managed to not cry. It was tough to leave knowing I wouldn't be coming back, but knowing what was in store for the night made it much easier. After a hiatus day of watching the UK Office, stuffing Wrap Party invitations and taking photos with Beth and Morgan, I was headed out on the town.

Jade, Aprile, Kristin, Laura and I had planned on going out to give me a proper farewell to NYC. It was really supposed to be for any intern that wanted to go, but none of the guys were up for it. So it turned into a girl's night out. I'm always up for a night with the ladies, especially in Manhattan. It was so "Sex and the City" I almost couldn't handle it.

Our first attempt was to go to a place called Utah Johnny's where Laura could ride the mechanical bull. She's always wanted to. When we got there they were carding so we had to admit that poor Jade was just 20. As the bouncer at the top of the stairs yelled down only one of us was under 21, the bouncer at the bottom asked which one was it, and he looked at Aprile and me. When we pointed to Jade (the oldest looking of the bunch), he literally burst out laughing. Aprile and I exchanged smirks and moved along. Unfortunately, Utah Johnny's coudl only offer us an hour wait on a table, so we decided to dine elsewhere.

We went to a tacky, touristy, themed restaurant called Mars 2112. To get to the dining area you had to ride a simulation to Mars. It was intense. As we sat in this children's restaurant we talked about NBC, the other interns, past nights out, school, men, everything. It was just great.

From there we went to my personal fave, The Mean Fiddler. We all ordered drinks and I set a trend for the evening by ordering my Irish delicacy, Magners. We did more laughing, took ridiculous pictures and sang music from the 80s and 90s.

It was a great final night out with some of the people I've grown outrageously close to in such a short amount of time. Tonight I have to say another goodbye to Haas and a real goodbye to NYC. Tomorrow morning I head back to the bubble.

No comments:

Post a Comment