Monday, January 19, 2009

Time Flies

Today's day went by much faster than normal, and I fear that's how all my remaining days will be.

After a run to Starbucks and a trip to payroll with Aprile, I settled in to work on a project with Chris documenting serial numbers of different products around the office. It helped the day go by quickly as I spent time with other interns.

The morning did have its special highlight, though. A few of us interns who had never been to the SNL studio decided to venture over while they weren't rehearsing. The studio was dark and covered in props and chairs. Under the mess, though, was the set. The legendary set. I couldn't control myself. I had to climb through the stuff and pull myself on to the little stage. I went to the top of the stairs and skipped down to centerstage, as if I were hosting that week. I announced the start of the show to the interns, claiming John Mayer was the musical guest. As I laughed at my own silliness I took a second to realize where I was. I was standing in a spot I had dreamed of. I stood where the greats stood. Tina Fey. Dana Carvey. Mike Meyers. Gilda Radner. Steve Martin. Countless others. It was too much to think about. So maybe I'll consider it more next Monday when I take my camera.

The rehearsal was fun. Nothing too out of the ordinary. Conan played his guitar - which is always my favorite part of the day. The rest of the day flew by with conversations with interns, watching some phones and continuing the serial number thing. Then when we went to pick up lunch I passed by Teri Hatcher in the hall. That was cool as she was much prettier than I thought she would be. I expected a lethery face and an ultra skinny woman. I was wrong. She had beautifully shiny hair and awesome shoes.

I can't help but be excited about tomorrow. Not only will this country finally have our PRESIDENT Barack Obama, but I also get to go back to Late Night. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment