Thursday, January 22, 2009

This Place is Going Bananas!

A very slow and rather boring day today. I spent the morning working on collecting serial numbers for this database project thing. No fun. It kind of put me in a funky mood for the day.

The rehearsal was fun. Conan played "Let it Be" on the piano and then the beginning of "Dear PRudence" on guitar. The Beatles and Conan... what more could a girl ask for? A chimp? A mini daschund? Well we had both at today's rehearsal! It provided for a lot of girls going "awwww" and some giggles as the chimp formed a special bond with one writer.

The best part of my day, hands down, was when another intern and I went to the 6th floor just before the show to gather more serial numbers. I spotted my buddy Evan at the NBC Page desk and decided to go pay him a visit, in the mean time turning slightly and catching a glimpse of Ron Howard in his dressing room! Yes, there he was, Opie, Richie Cunningham, one of the greatest directors of my lifetime, Ron Howard!

Evan had to step away, leaving me sitting at the desk on full view of Ron Howard. He smiled at me once and I had another moment of realization. I couldn't believe it. What's even more unbelievable is how great a person he is. He had one person in his entourage, who was also very sweet and appreciative. He kept his door open, which always signals a good person to me. He was friendly to all those in the hallway, accepting his congratulations for his recent Oscar nomination. He humbly walked around as if he was not the great legend that he is. What was even more wonderful to see was when Eric McCormack arrived (who is also even cuter in person, *swoon*) Ron Howard went to his dressing room and said hi and introduced himself. It was amazing.

When I heard his voice I couldn't believe it. The voice of the Arrested Development narrator. The voice of little Opie. The voice of Richie Cunningham (who I always preferred to the Fonz).

Again it's moments like those that make me so grateful for where I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment