Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Two Shows in One Day

Yesterday was a regular old day. I went on a few errands, attended rehearsal, nodded to Conan in the hall and saw John C. Reilly in his dressing room. It was fun to be a stand-in during rehearsal and laugh at Omar and Morgan being goofballs.

Today was a longer day with two shows being taped in one day. I feel like today was my day of running errands. It's interesting how quickly I've become comfortable in this city. My first few days I was terrified to leave the building for fear of getting lost and needed Chris to draw me a map to Staples. Today, though I went on four outside runs. On the way back from the final one I found myself strutting up 6th Ave., hands in pockets and hair blowing in the wind. I felt like a true life Carrie Bradshaw. It does wonders for one's self esteem to get these little victories in this big city.

We had a fun, football themed rehearsal with a bit of drumming from Conan.

At "Late Night" we have what we call the "free bin." It's typically full of CDs from musical guests, books from authors or trinkets from peoples' offices as they do their spring cleaning. Today was a real treat, though. Someone came across a DVD of "The Office" intended for screening. The episode is set to air this Sunday after the Superbowl, but I can safely say, it's a great show. Most of the interns agreed it was satisfactory, and a whole hour long! Oh the little perks of the job...

During the break between shows one of my close intern friends, Evan, went down to the studio floor with me to get a picture with my favorite band member, La Bamba. He was sooooo sweet, even going to get his hat for my picture, with a bum foot and everything. He talked to me about NC and he was awkwardly loveable. The stage manager, Steve Hollander, kept jumping in behind the pics, thereby "ruining" them. I joked about how awful it was, but I actually love the goofiness. It's "Late Night" in a nutshell. I love it there.

After the picture I lingered a bit in the hall, talking to other interns and watching the chaos of right before the show. Then he came down the hall. There he was - Jon Stewart! I caught my breath, and Evan's knee as he came into sight. This time I was a little star struck. I have such a crush on this man, and admire him so much! It was a BIG moment of realization. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment