Sunday, January 11, 2009

A Sunday at the Library

Another lazy Saturday leads to another productive Sunday. I have heard great things about the New York Public Library and as it is the hopeful site of the legendary wedding of Carrie and Big, of course I had to check it out for myself.

Calling it a library is a stretch, as the main building of the New York library system is really more of a museum. The marble floors, columns and ceilings give the air of antiquity and history. I wandered the exhibits and got really interested in some new topics. The Yaddo home and art deco were particularly interesting.

I met with Steve and we got pizza and beers while watching football. We spent a good portion of the evening walking around the East Village (E-Village, as Steve likes to call it) and I got better acquainted with my surroundings. Overall, a relaxing and productive day in Lower Manhattan.

Back to Late Night tomorrow! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment